Saturday, August 27, 2011

Let's Kill Hitler: Thoughts


I'm overall extremely fangirly satisfied with "Let's Kill Hitler"--breaking the summer Doctor Who hiatus.  Doctor Who has never let me down before, and this is no exception.  I really liked the overall plot of the episode, and am excited with next week's episode also.  But that's not what i'm here to talk about.  I wanna talk about not the Doctor, but River, Amy, and most importantly, Rory.  First:  River;  I can somewhat understand why people don't like River Song, well, actually, I can't, because I really like her.  I love the entire mystery of who she is and what she's like, what her relationship with the Doctor is like, and how her and her parents are going to react to each other from now on.  It was all a bit confusing, with Mel and her regeneration,(for one thing, Mel is someone whom I didn't like at all)  but it shows you where River actually "started" which helped diffuse a bit of the confusion of where she came from.  Second:  Amy;  even though I adore Amy, I didn't really think she was all that spectacular in the episode.  But the episode wasn't about her, so I guess I couldn't expect too much. (I do have quite high expectations for "The Girl Who Waited" however:  that's one episode that i'm going to be ticked if they mess it up) and Finally:  Rory;  I quite liked Rory in this episode.   Usually he's not the center of the fight, but the way he told Hitler to "shut up" made me smile.  It seems as the season gets deeper in, Rory does a little less dying, and a bit more heroic stuff;  which i'm glad of, because he used to be a bit helpless and awkward, which he seems to have gotten rid of.  Anyway, I loved tonight's episode, and can't wait for next week's :D

Also, I like the idea of a thoughts post, so i'm gonna do that quite often.  Oh, and here are some DW reviews:  http://www.youtube.com/user/TARDIStacular

No comments:

Post a Comment