Saturday, July 23, 2011

Excited and Dreading

As i'm writing this, i'm supposed to be cleaning my room (*note "supposed").  I am taking a short break to go on Tumblr and such.  I have to clean/rearrange my room because I found out that i'm allergic to dust; and my room is full of it.  So I just finished cleaning out my drawers and closet.  I always have mixed feelings about rearranging my room:  I like it because I like the room to have a nice, new, clean look to it, and I like using my somewhat, not extremely impressive interior decorating skills to place things here, there, and everywhere.  I dislike it because I sneeze with all of the dust flying about, and i'm always afraid it will not get done before I go to bed; because I can't stand it when my room is messy and i'm trying to sleep.  Which, I guess, writing a new post isn't helping the matter, but I wanted to write, so here I am.  However, earlier, my mom and I were discussing where to put all of my crap, and she suggested that I put all of my books on a low shelf in the closet.  I told her, "No; this might sound a bit strange, but I'd rather have them on an open table, where I can clearly see them.  Because, for me, at least, my room seems so much more comforting when my books are in plain sight, and within easy reach."  "You're such a geek," she responded.  "No, " I said, "i'm a nerd." Big difference, mother.  Well, I have a room to clean, so i'll be back later.

Tumblr:  Floralportraits.tumblr.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment